Sunday 12 October 2008

Live shows and general waffle

It's been a bit of an odd week where I've been planning on doing a lot of things and although I've been keeping busy, I don't seem to have managed to do a lot of what I had intended to. On the plus side, I seemed to be getting a cold too, but it appears to have disappeared before developing which has got to be a good sign!

I've been in Nantwich today performing at the Words and Music Festival. It's the first year of the festival, and hopefully the first of many. It's a real shame that I haven't been able to make it to more of the events this year but here's hoping for next time around! Check out their website at www.wordsandmusicfestival.com, and watch out for photos of the Acoustic Sunday performance coming soon.

I've also started working with a new member of the band, Steve Welch. He's a great guitarist and bass player so watch out for him in future live performances. In fact, we're going to be playing a short set at The Ash in Mow Cop, Staffordshire tomorrow (Monday) night - free entry!

I've another couple of live performance coming up in October, one of which is part of Oxjam, the music festival to raise money for Oxfam. It's taking place at the Literary Room at Crewe Library on Monday 27th October between 9am and midday - possibly the earliest performance I'll have done in years! It will be a totally acoustic set along with Dan Logan, and there will also be music by Prad. Find out more about him at www.myspace.com/pradsmusic. The performance is part of an event being organised by the Oxfam shops in Crewe and Sandbach. They'll be providing games, items to buy from the shops (including music, books and clothing) as well as new FairTrade items, Oxfam Unwrapped and Christmas cards so if you're in the area, come along and support them.

Finally, I'm playing with Dan, Steve and no doubt several other performers as part of a jam night at The Woodlands in Alsager this coming Friday night, 17 October.

And while I'm waffling, here's a quick plug for www.focalradio.co.uk. They're a new radio station local to me who will start broadcasting on 5th November (when really they should be out burning bonfires, setting off fireworks and the like...). Presenters on the station include John Newbould, the main man at Orchard Studios, and my talented musical colleague Dan Logan. Check them out!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home