Thursday 1 August 2013

Charity Show for Teenage Cancer Trust


Last night I played and did the sound for a charity show for Teenage Cancer Trust in Sandbach. Lots of fun and over £100 raised for the charity. I played with several local acts including Neil Smith, Oli Ng and Jonathan Tarplee (pictured).

Jonathan and I did a video together a few weeks ago for his band The BlueYellows for the song No Tobacco, No Jesus on which I did backing vocals. As it involved us dressing as natives in grass skirts (and not a lot else) it was a good job that it was recorded in summer rather than February which was the original plan. And if nothing else it was a good encouragement for me to keep at the diet! Hopefully the shots of me will be sped up enough not to put people off their meals... I'll post a link to the video when it goes live. 

Set list for last night was a mix of originals and covers:

Sidelines
Make Me Smile
I Could Be Happy With You
Somewhere In My Heart
Don't You Think It's Time?
Free Fallin'
Tricks Of The Light

I played a similar set, although with fewer covers and more originals, at the Alsager Music Festival along with Dan Logan. It was a fun show despite me suffering from heatstroke on the day. I'll post videos once they're all edited. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home